LAW1101 Intro to Paralegal Studies FA2022

active 7 months, 1 week ago
Law and Paralegal Studies
LAW 1101

An overview of the legal system and the role of the legal assistant within that system. Includes sources of the law; legal terminology; operation of the court system at state and federal levels; respective roles of attorney, client and paralegal; legal ethics and the Code of Professional Responsibility; interviewing techniques; and a survey of specialized areas of law. Prerequisite: CUNY proficiency in reading and writing. Corequisite: ENG 1101. Three class hours; three credits.

Acknowledgements

This course was created by: Kerin E. Coughlin

View the course(s) that this course is based on. This course has been cloned or re-cloned 1 time; view clone(s).

Course grades POSTED!

Hello Students! I have posted your final course grades on CUNYfirst.  I have not yet posted […] See MoreCourse grades POSTED!

How to Get Away with Murder - Md Hossain

LAW IN CULTURE PROJECT- ASSIGNMENT: PART TWO         The source I have chosen for my Law in Cul […] See MoreHow to Get Away with Murder - Md Hossain

Final exam grades posted! & last class (Tu Dec 20)

Hello Students!  I hope you had a productive weekend and your end-of-semester activities are […] See MoreFinal exam grades posted! & last class (Tu Dec 20)

Comment on ""

Thanks Biana! This sounds like an interesting movie. You do a good job connecting it to the […] See MoreComment on ""

Comment on "Law In Culture"

Thanks Jacky! I agree, Justice Sotomayor is an amazing woman, so I'm not surprised that her […] See MoreComment on "Law In Culture"

Comment on "Law in culture"

Thanks Katelyn! I appreciate your honesty, that this show didn't "actually" portray the legal […] See MoreComment on "Law in culture"