LAW1101 Intro to Paralegal Studies FA2022

active 4 days, 12 hours ago
Law and Paralegal Studies
LAW 1101

An overview of the legal system and the role of the legal assistant within that system. Includes sources of the law; legal terminology; operation of the court system at state and federal levels; respective roles of attorney, client and paralegal; legal ethics and the Code of Professional Responsibility; interviewing techniques; and a survey of specialized areas of law. Prerequisite: CUNY proficiency in reading and writing. Corequisite: ENG 1101. Three class hours; three credits.

Acknowledgements: This course is based on the following course(s):

Another Federal Court opportunity!

Hello Students! Federal Judge William Kuntz has invited us to attend a criminal court […] See MoreAnother Federal Court opportunity!

The source I've selected for my Law in Review project is Vincenzo, a movie that was released on […] See More

Law In Culture

The source I chose is a memoir called My Beloved World by Justice Sonia Sotomayor. The book was […] See MoreLaw In Culture

The day of my court observation was November 17, 2022, a Thursday. The case I was watching was […] See More

My court observation was November 17, 2022 at the Federal Court in the Eastern District of NY. […] See More

My court observation was on 11/17/22 at the US district court of the Southern District in […] See More