HUS 1203, Fall 2017

• Professional Essay
  • #45937

Javier C

Javier Coyotl 11/10/17
    HUS 1203 Human Services Seminar
    Prof: Dr. Abdur Rahman

Professional Essay

My name is Javier and I am 19 years old. I was born in Brooklyn, New York and still live here ever since. I went to a high school called Leadership & Public Service. Now I am currently in college at New York City of Technology College. I am pursuing a Human Service degree. I will be writing about my professional biography.
    At the time I was in High School I wasn’t sure what I wanted to major in. Me and my High School counselor where viewing the major in City tech and one of the major that I found interest was Human Service’s. I did some research and I ending up be more interested. What inspired me to go to this profession was helping people but not just that, the feeling that I get from it. I am a caring and compassionate person even though I may not seem like it. I get this really happy feeling inside when I help someone. It makes feel good and I feel like there aren’t enough people like that.
    Personal strengths that I think will help me in the HUS profession is that I have patience. I don’t try to tackle situations quickly, I like to analyze first and take the time as needed to figure something out. Listening also is another strength, I always try to listen to most important things and also not cutting people off when they are trying speak and get their voice to be heard. I also have an open mind, I like to learn different kinds of thing and adventure into other stuff and also being honest. I don’t have any professional strengths yet, I have only been to a couple community services like protesting but I hope to gain more professional experiences in the future.
    Right now, I’m not too sure what kind population I want to work in. I’m thinking of working with people who deal with depression, young people or immigrants. I would want to work with this population because I have interest in this population and I can relate. Depression is something I dealt with before. I think that everyone deals with depression in some point in their lives. It’s also is something that I think a lot of people take lightly and that’s it’s not harmful. I feel like I will be able to sort of relate to that population, especially teens and adults. I also would like to help the immigrant population especially now with what’s going with the United States. Helping immigrants will be a huge help because they come here for a better living for themselves and their families.
    I don’t know how I will see myself ten years or where I be at. I hope to have a more better understanding on how to become a better Humans service professional. Hope to have better skills because I know starting off won’t be easy. I hope to learn a lot from a supervisor and learn more from my experiences. Hopefully I see myself graduated with a master’s degree, maybe working as a counselor. Right now, I’m not sure where I want to see myself in the future, I just want learn as much as I can now so later in my career I will be ready to take on challenges.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)