HMGT2305-E548

New York City College of Technology, CUNY 

Department of Hospitality Management 

Janet Lefler Dining Room 

MEMORANDUM 

To: Prof. Abreu, Director of Service. 

From: Jairo Ducos 

Date: December 18, 2017 

Re: Restaurant Review 

This week I read the New York Times review by Pete Wells about his top ten restaurants of this year. Well’s explains the difficulty he had choosing because he doesn’t have a real criteria for them. He bases his selections on his preferences and nothing else. He was excited with his picks because it showed diversity with chefs coming from Mexico, China, Thailand, Chile, South Korea and Uruguay. As well four out of the ten chefs are women. 

After reading the review, I decided that I would like to go to four out of the ten restaurants. The four I choose are Guan Fu Sichuan, King, Little Tong Noddle Shop and Ugly Baby. These restaurants interested me with their menus and atmosphere, but more so how the chefs brought their unique touch to the food they prepare. Each of these restaurants are praised for their delicious and mouthwatering dishes that even Pete Wells couldn’t deny. 

Upon reviewing the article, I decided I would recommend these restaurants. I believe this list has something for everyone, from individuals that love fine dining to ones that love a small mom and pop shop, where there the fine dining etiquette is left at the door. As well the prices of the menu vary from restaurant to restaurant so you don’t need to spend an outrageous amount of money for amazing food if you don’t want to. 

“Providing Over 70 Years of Quality Service to the Hospitality Industry’