HMGT1101_S2020_Goodlad

• Update 2, March 17
  • #58416

Prof. Karen Goodlad

Dear HMGT Students,

It is Tuesday morning and it is surreal that we are not together. Wouldn’t it be wonderful to be in a Aruba right now (https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/12/travel/what-to-do-36-hours-in-aruba.html) ! I read the NY Times 36 Hours… article and must say that I thought the author highlighted the overall article well in the introduction. I think the activities explained, may they be kite surfing, scuba diving or a tour of the aloe factory, will appeal to many tourists. The food options can provide entertainment as well. A sunset exudes a sense of peace and renewal, something we need desperately right now, and makes people feel that a new day will bring new opportunities. To enjoy a meal and watching the sunset at the same time amplifies those feelings. The boutique hotel is the way that many would probably wish for lodging, though pricey, it seems to offer a lot for the money, great value!

What to know
    –I am meeting with the other HMGT1101 faculty today and I will have an updated syllabus posted by Wednesday
    –Students will still complete the Concierge Assignment but will NOT be expected to visit the site of their tourism attached. An updated detailed explanation will be provided.
    –email me if you believe you will have trouble staying connected, engaged and otherwise a successful college student
    –mid-semester grades will be emailed to all students by Midnight on March 24
    –office hours are still uncertain, email me if you wish to speak

I look forward to continuing our learning together.
    Prof. Goodlad

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)