Films From Literature: Shadow Play

active 3 years, 10 months ago
Films From Literature: Shadow Play
English
2400

Darkness, shadows, and light as they play across pages and screens.

Course Archive

This site contains student blog posts and teaching materials related to ENG 2400 -- Films From […] See MoreCourse Archive

STUDENTS

who's staying in city tech next semester you could email me if you want even though i only talked […] See MoreSTUDENTS

Blade Runner

This film shows highly developed technology to make human cloning itself possible. This copy looks […] See MoreBlade Runner

In all honesty, I don't like "In this paper, I will argue that. . .," either. But I'm requiring it […] See More

Interesting post, Christian. Can you say a bit more about how the scenery is a character in the […] See More

Great observation -- and I'd love for you to think about this more deeply, as it's a great example […] See More

Readings for tomorrow

Hi All -- With apologies for the late notice, here are two very short readings for tomorrow. Please try to get to them if you can. Film Noir: The Trouble With Genre http://www.colorado.edu/AmStudies/lewis/film/noirgenre.pdf Emily […] See MoreReadings for tomorrow

Welcome to the Course

I'm just demoing a course group See MoreWelcome to the Course

Shadow Play: Double Indemnity

During our last class we viewed the film Double Indemnity, based on the book of the same name. Though there are several differences between the book and the film, the key characters are basically the same. We have two character types that […] See MoreShadow Play: Double Indemnity

Great Film Noirs

Maltese Falcon See MoreGreat Film Noirs