ENT4499 Culmination Project Journal

You are currently viewing a revision titled "ENT4499 Journal", saved on January 29, 2015 at 6:19 am by Mister 1-2-3-4
Title
ENT4499 Journal
Content
1/27/2015: Created a draft proposal, Gantt chart, and block diagram for my project, based on the practice proposal I created in Project Management last semester. 4 hours. 1/28/2015: First meeting of Culmination Project class. Presented basic outlines of our project ideas. Discussed using OpenLab, scheduling work throughout the semester, selecting a faculty mentor, and what paperwork is due at the next class meeting. 1 hour. John Huntington (JH) agreed to be my faculty mentor for the project. He recommended narrowing the scope of the project to a single axis of motion. It will look better to present a simple system that performs with a high degree of precision and reliability than a more complex system that doesn't work well at all. We also briefly discussed some prior work on reading position encoder information from the Hudson Scenic DWU into Medialon which had been done by Brett Lohr, a former student. I provided JH with a PDF of my draft proposal so he could send it to his contacts at Hudson Scenic and ask them if any pertinent updates had been made to the DWU OS since that time. 0.5 hour. 1/29/2015: JH sent the proposal email to Hudson Scenic.
Excerpt
Footnotes