ENT3310 Monster Shop, FA2015

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Picture Prototype

Kate
    Participant

frame project

I’ve decided to make a prototype of a moving picture on a wall.
    While I was drawing the idea on paper, I was trying to decide how I’m going to build this project. When I had an answer in my head, I started looking for sources in internet that could match my idea. My thought was to build a “sliding door” with two pictures on it using pneumatics. So, I started looking online how people build sliding door, and found a blog that helped me to build my prototype.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Air-Powered-Star-Trek-Style-Door/

I chose pneumatics to move my picture, I think this is more officiant way to build theatre related products and also I wanted to test myself. Working on pneumatics on paper (and not only pneumatics, almost everything) doesn’t give you enough understanding. TESTING is a main key!

When I had an answer how to build moving picture I started looking for accessible materials: mounting brackets, tracks, cylinders, etc. Most of the materials I found at McMAster.com.

I started a process from building the moving part in my project, testing it (had some misunderstanding which way cylinder goes, while it’s activated ), and then creating a frame for it.

12243601 10207995143186544 273504399 n

I think my overall process went smooth, I had good sources at the beginning. For my first pneumatic experience I’m happy with the result, my model is accurate enough – it works!

In real life things depended on a completion of overall production with tones of projects like this one, and things can change by a specific task, like weight, position, noise, speed, size, etc. And I’m sure my project will be different in a way in a real production.

• This topic was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by Kate.

John McCullough
    Participant

Kate, this is great, but please copy/paste this into a “Post” instead of a discussion topic

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.