English 2001: Introduction to Literature I Fiction

active 6 months, 3 weeks ago
English
2001

Together, we will learn the elements of fiction and practice close reading through various short stories and two post-apocalyptic novels that explore notions of identity, storytelling, and imagining other possibilities/worlds. In particular, we will consider how the texts’ settings constrain their narrators, and how these narrators make sense—through language—of their lives when they don’t always have control over what happens to them. We will pay close attention to how these narrators constantly revisit, revise, and re-imagine their stories, blurring the lines between fiction and fact, and re-shaping the plots, themselves, and their worlds in the process.

“Analysis and critical understanding of selected fiction. Exams and essays based on readings.”

The Last Class Notes! We Made it!

Housekeeping As a refresher for the end of the course, please read Professor Belli's blog post […] See MoreThe Last Class Notes! We Made it!

Wrapping Up the Semester

We made it! We're just about through with the course, so I'm sharing a few things to keep in mind […] See MoreWrapping Up the Semester

Class Notes 12/12/17

The last day of class is on the the 19th of December. This is also the due date of our […] See MoreClass Notes 12/12/17

Good info. Lucky me I discovered your blog by accident (stumbleupon). I've book marked it for later! See More

thanks! See More

Thanks Nickolas, for attending the Symposium, and blogging in response! Could you edit your blog […] See More

Sorry, there were no discussion topics found.