ENG1141 Sears FA2021

The topic ‘’ is closed to new replies.

• Participation Activity, Session 3: The Implacable "I"

Clarisse
    Participant

Fridays for me are usually cheerful and bright and sunny because it’s the day before the weekend starts, at least that’s what I try to remember it as. Fridays during the summer time feel the best when I am able to enjoy my weekend after a long week of work but for some reason after a long week of school Fridays are just terrible for me. I don’t really have the weekend to look forward to anymore because I still have work to submit during the weekend and I have classes on Saturdays but it’s a holiday this weekend so I was relieved a bit. I started my morning by staying in bed and scrolling on social media and just kept scrolling, truthfully I just didn’t want to get out of bed.
    Everything just felt so dark and grey ironically speaking my curtains are pretty thick and can block out sunlight so it was dark in my room. Mid afternoon came and the simplest task of taking a shower felt like you were asking me to fight in a war, it was hard to say the least but I did manage to do it. I finally got myself something to eat and headed right back to my bed. I pulled out my laptop and started watching kdramas which is my fave form of escape from the real world, from adulting. I laughed and cried and eventually closed my eyes for about an hour or two and woke back up in time for dinner with my sisters. My sisters and I like to watch stuff together while eating so we watched our favorite YouTuber CoryxKenshin who recently came out of hiatus. Watching his content truly makes me happy and bubbly on the inside because there is no one that is as genuine as him honestly. After finishing dinner and watching tv my sisters and I watched a movie and got ready for bed, after finishing my nighttime routine I climbed back into bed and went back to my dramas until I fell asleep.

Clarisse
    Participant

Hey Tim I’m glad you received a commission! And I’m sorry about hearing your manager going upstate, my manager left as well on the first week I worked and it sucked so much cause I enjoyed their company.

Tanjim Ali
    Participant

The feeling that I am going to share, I don’t know if I am the only one who feels this way or if other people also feel the same. My daily routine is the same as everyone else’s. I wake up everyday, go to the bathroom, wash my face and then get a coffee and start my day. I do my online class, finish all the homework, take a shower, eat lunch and then take some rest for a little bit and then go to the park with my friends and play soccer with them. After I came back to the park, I played some video games and went back to sleep. This is how I spend my day. But sometimes I feel this is all I am here for, what I am doing here. Why do I even exist in this world. God sent everyone for a reason, everyone has a purpose in their life. But what is the purpose in my life or am I doing my job right, what if I am not doing what I am supposed to do. One day everyone has to die, but no one knows when we will die. Everyday I go to the park and meet with new people and I see a lot of people in the park, but they all have different looks, different outfits, they think differently and everyone has their own perspective. we all are human, sometimes I think we all are human but why is one different then the other, what is the reason behind it, why we all don’t think the same and why our choices are not the same. God created us and sent us to the earth for a reason and we don’t even know if we are doing well or not.

People are busy doing their daily work and making their life beautiful. Some people don’t even care what other people do in their life and what they think. Maybe, I am the one thinking about this or I am thinking too much about it. But sometimes I think let’s forget everything and enjoy my life, because we live once, I think don’t waste your time doing something you don’t like doing. I do what I like to do and enjoy my life. So this is how I spend my day and this is one of my thoughts that I think maybe some people think the same.

Tanjim Ali
    Participant

Clarisse, I have the same feeling about Friday night. when I was in school I always waiting for the Friday because I know the next day I don’t have to wake up early in the morning and going to the school. Now I still feel the same way every Friday night and that felling is different which is never gonna change.

Tanjim Ali
    Participant

Clarisse, I have the same feeling about Friday night. when I was in school I always waiting for the Friday because I know the next day I don’t have to wake up early in the morning and going to the school. Now I still feel the same way every Friday night and that felling is different which is never gonna change.

Yazline
    Participant

Today, I woke up excited but anxious because I was going to get my vaccine. The anxious thoughts of will I have side effects, and how will I feel after. But being excited because I’ll be more safer and be able to travel and go to the places I plan on going later in the year and not being limited to not being able to do certain things. I went to NYU hospital for my vaccine, and the funniest thing happened that when I got there I had to walk a long hallway that at the end of the hallway I went downstairs, where I ended up going to the wrong room, and went to the covid testing room instead. Where I must say the front desk lady was really rude, and in a rush that she made me confused, and didn’t even give me the help I needed. Once I went to the front of the building I asked the lady why I wasn’t allowed to get the vaccine if my mother and sister both did walk in’s, and come to find out I just ended up going the wrong way… So here I go walking this long hall way once again; now this time at the end of the hallway I made a right, vs going downstairs. I got to the correct place this time and I checked in, got the vaccine, then had to wait 20 mins where they observed us just in case of an allergic reaction.
    This relates to the “implacable I” Joan Didion writes about in “Why I Write” because I realized I wrote everything in an ‘I’ view, I wrote down my day as how Joan did. From my perspective just like how a diary entry would be.

Yazline
    Participant

I completely understand what your saying, and agree. YOLO is my logo, living in the moment helps you enjoy && appreciate life a little more, vs stressing and worrying about the past/future. But it’s more about enjoying your peace and your self love so doing those things every day, having a routine there’s nothing wrong with that. Being you and doing you is your point of existence, so you should never question that..

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘’ is closed to new replies.