ENG1141-E311 Intro to Creative Writing, SP2024

The topic ‘’ is closed to new replies.

• Discussion 2: Line Breaks and Free Verse

Cindy Espinoza
    Participant

I’m not sure why the format got to messed up sorry everyone !

She was ready

Time changes

After a long day

Very dark, Feel

The breeze

All the lights

Around

She outshined

All the lights

After a long day

She looked

Ready

Cindy Espinoza
    Participant

I’m not sure why the format got to messed up sorry everyone !

She was ready

Time changes

After a long day

Very dark, Feel

The breeze

All the lights

Around

She outshined

All the lights

After a long day

She looked

Ready

Oluu
    Participant

Im sorry the formatting looks crazy guys! I tried my best to fix it up but it still looks crazy :(

Msdelacruz
    Participant

Encompassing different spaces

In our lives

The emotions

Were difficult

To hide

His presence

Peaceful and refreshing

The space

Awakening fears of disconnecting

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Msdelacruz.

ashley
    Participant

I was super sad

I couldn’t tell my mom about it

I didn’t want her to ask questions

or worry about me

she later on noticed.

Melina Tlatelpa
    Participant

<p dir=”ltr”>Her brain</p>
    <p dir=”ltr” style=”line-height: 2.4; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;”><span style=”font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-variant-east-asian: normal; font-variant-position: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;”>Laying in a hospital bed </span></p>
    <p dir=”ltr” style=”line-height: 2.4; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;”><span style=”font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-variant-east-asian: normal; font-variant-position: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;”>The beeping lasted all night</span></p>
    <p dir=”ltr” style=”line-height: 2.4; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;”><span style=”font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-variant-east-asian: normal; font-variant-position: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;”>Doctors and nurses walking in and out of the room</span></p>
    <p dir=”ltr” style=”line-height: 2.4; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;”><span style=”font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-variant-east-asian: normal; font-variant-position: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;”>Crying trying to explain to grandpa what was going on</span></p>
    <p dir=”ltr”></p>
    <p dir=”ltr” style=”line-height: 2.4; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;”><span style=”font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-variant-east-asian: normal; font-variant-position: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;”>Blood was detected in her brain</span></p>
    <p dir=”ltr” style=”line-height: 2.4; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;”><span style=”font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-variant-east-asian: normal; font-variant-position: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;”>Tears in his eyes</span></p>
    <p dir=”ltr” style=”line-height: 2.4; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;”><span style=”font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-variant-east-asian: normal; font-variant-position: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;”>I hug him</span></p>
    <p dir=”ltr” style=”line-height: 2.4; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;”><span style=”font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-variant-east-asian: normal; font-variant-position: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;”>”Everything is going to be okay with the medicine” I said.</span></p>

Melina Tlatelpa
    Participant

Her Brain

Laying in a hospital bed

The machine was beeping all night

The doctors and nurses walking in and out of the room

Crying trying to explain to grandpa

Blood was detected in her brain

Tears in his eyes

I hug him

“Everything is going to be ok” I said

Kevin Chen
    Participant

“A Special Time Indeed”

Again,

Seeded pristine ecstacy
    Commands innate artistic longevity.

Thoughtless inclusions,
    Mindless execution,

Inhibits nascent delight,
    Ensuing eventual demise.

Kevin Chen
    Participant

For every mediocre piece,
    I am constantly reminded
    Of countless, fruitless attempts
    To achieve stellar satisfaction.

All my pursuit has
    Left in its wake
    Were an insatiable longing
    And

Pure,

Perfect,

Hatred.

ZhiYang Chong
    Participant

Missing and Regret 

Morning dawn, evening clouds, my thoughts always you.

In every step ,every pause.

Through spring’s blooms, winter snow, you’re all I wish to see.

In awake and dreams .

Moonlit nights, dusky clouds, my mind’s caught in your spell.

In moving or still.

Rain on blossoms, a solitude so deep, forgotten youth, missed chances.

In memories we keep.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 4 weeks ago by ZhiYang Chong.

Naureen Asha
    Participant

<p dir=”ltr” style=”line-height: 1.38; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;”><span style=”font-size: 12pt; font-family: Arial,sans-serif; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;”>Everything that</span></p>
    <p dir=”ltr” style=”line-height: 1.38; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;”><span style=”font-size: 12pt; font-family: Arial,sans-serif; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;”>mattered to me,</span></p>
    <p dir=”ltr” style=”line-height: 1.38; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;”><span style=”font-size: 12pt; font-family: Arial,sans-serif; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;”>felt to be a failure.</span><b id=”docs-internal-guid-abe43e98-7fff-b020-ca29-9e66bc775902″ style=”font-weight: normal;”></b></p>
    <p dir=”ltr”></p>
    <p dir=”ltr” style=”line-height: 1.38; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;”><span style=”font-size: 12pt; font-family: Arial,sans-serif; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;”>The dream</span></p>
    <p dir=”ltr” style=”line-height: 1.38; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;”><span style=”font-size: 12pt; font-family: Arial,sans-serif; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;”>has turned into a</span></p>

<p dir=”ltr” style=”line-height: 1.38; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;”><span style=”font-size: 12pt; font-family: Arial,sans-serif; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;”>“Disappointment”!</span></p>
    <span style=”font-size: 12pt; font-family: Arial,sans-serif; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;”> </span>

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘’ is closed to new replies.