ENG1141 Creative Writing, SP2020

active 2 years, 7 months ago
ENG1141 Creative Writing, SP2020
English
ENG1141
Spring 2020

All writing is creative, including the writing you do for school, internet posts to social media, and text/email messages. Where there was a blank page–virtual or otherwise–and you fill it with your words, you have, in fact, drawn on your intellectual resources to create patterns of meaning with those words.

“Creative writing,” however, generally refers to poetry, fiction, drama, and some forms of non-fiction–memoirs and narratives that use the techniques of story-telling.

We will focus on understanding how form and meaning work together and on understanding the types and complexities of each genre–notably, fiction, non-fiction, poetry, drama, and cross-genres–so each student can begin to develop their unique, individual voice.

Acknowledgements

This course was created by: Jessica Penner

Journal Assignment #10

My experience with dialogue writing actually went pretty smooth. For some reason I thought it […] See MoreJournal Assignment #10

Journal Assignment #9

As I mentioned before in the previous journal, I am not fond of poetry whatsoever. I enjoy […] See MoreJournal Assignment #9

Journal Assignment #8 (Keilyn De Los Santos and You Vs. Them and W.A.Y.S)

I don’t really remember any poems I have read in the past nor do I really like poetry, although I […] See MoreJournal Assignment #8 (Keilyn De Los Santos and You Vs. Them and W.A.Y.S)

Comment on "Creative Writing, Class Session 4/7/20"

Reading “Tsunami Rising” made me feel so intrigued and in awe of how well she put her thoughts tog […] See MoreComment on "Creative Writing, Class Session 4/7/20"

Comment on "Creative Writing, 5/4/20"

Keilyn De Los Santos 5/21/2020 Scene 2 of Topdog/Underdog I agree with Cathy, but I’d like to a […] See MoreComment on "Creative Writing, 5/4/20"

Comment on "Creative Writing, 5/4/20"

Isaiah Griffin-Sparrow Scene 3: 1. What is the rhythm/pace of this scene? Well, it seems that […] See MoreComment on "Creative Writing, 5/4/20"

Sorry, there were no discussion topics found.