ENG1141 Creative Writing, FA2020

active 8 minutes ago
ENG1141 Creative Writing, FA2020
English
1141

All writing is creative, including the writing you do for school, internet posts to social media, and text/email messages. Where there was a blank page–virtual or otherwise–and you fill it with your words, you have, in fact, drawn on your intellectual resources to create patterns of meaning with those words.

“Creative writing,” however, generally refers to poetry, fiction, drama, and some forms of non-fiction–memoirs and narratives that use the techniques of story-telling.

We will focus on understanding how form and meaning work together and on understanding the types and complexities of each genre–notably, fiction, non-fiction, poetry, drama, and cross-genres–so each student can begin to develop their unique, individual voice.

This course may be cloned by logged-in faculty.

AdamaBarro,journal #5

It was in a very nice summer of 2007 in Brooklyn, New York, I was still a newcomer to the United […] See MoreAdamaBarro,journal #5

Adama Barro,Short Story about the picture ( third person)

For the last three weeks the protests in New York City are still going on,the New York Police […] See MoreAdama Barro,Short Story about the picture ( third person)

Adama Barro,POV Story

Base on the group picture: Who is involved? This picture involves law enforcers, it shows […] See MoreAdama Barro,POV Story

Hi Mohammed, I really liked what you said about the author's plot. The author talks about a water […] See More

Hi Mamadou, I agree with what you said on how the author did really well with the plot of this […] See More

I agree that the point of view of the story being first person does not let us get the perspective […] See More

Truth & Beauty

I really enjoy chapter 1 of “Truth & Beauty” by Ann Patchett, the way she describes Lucy, although she was sick, after multitude surgeries, she did not stop being happy. Lucy was smart arrogant, she became more comfortable to live her […] See MoreTruth & Beauty