ENG1121 English Composition 2, FA2021 OL12

active 14 minutes ago
English
ENG1121

An advanced course in expository essay writing that requires a library paper. Further development of research and documentation skills (MLA style). Assigned literary and expository readings. This is a course using the Core Books at CUNY and First Year Writing curricula. (We’re reading a lot, but you don’t have to buy a textbook for this class, because all our texts are online! Woot!) Together, we will explore and write within new genres, conduct research, and reflect on our writing practices. By the end of this semester, you’ll be able to analyze and participate in genres inside and outside of higher education. The aim is to build skills that will be useful in future coursework, the workplace, and in your personal lives. In other words, this course isn’t self-contained—we’re aiming to give you a toolbox of skills that you can apply to other classes and situations.

This course may be cloned by logged-in faculty.

Acknowledgements: This course is based on the following course(s):

Shemika Semple, Did Antigone engage in civil disobedience?

The term Civil Disobedience is the refusal to comply with certain laws, demands and commands of a […] See MoreShemika Semple, Did Antigone engage in civil disobedience?

Deyby Ramirez, Reflection on Unit 1

I believe writing a speech was probably harder than a letter because I had to address a wider […] See MoreDeyby Ramirez, Reflection on Unit 1

Olena Halytska, Reflection on Unit 1

I found it was much more challenging to write the letter than a regular academic essay. Writing […] See MoreOlena Halytska, Reflection on Unit 1

The main conflict of the play consists of Antigone wanting to honor his deceased brother, […] See More

I think the main conflict of this play is social injustice. I say this because the king made it […] See More

Sample 1 is much better than sample 2. sample 1 looks very standard. it looks like it has meet all […] See More