ENG1121-D454: ENGLISH COMP II, SP2024

The topic ‘’ is closed to new replies.

• Discussion Board 3: Unit 2 Topic and Argument
  • #93137

Jennifer Sears

For this discussion board, identify the topic you are going to write about in your essay and the position you will take. We will use these in class on Monday. You can also refer to Session 13: Follow Up Notes and Homework

This discussion board post is due by the end of the day on Sunday, March 17, 2024: 11:59 pm.

#93203

Genesis

I want to write about the time we get to complete our homework and projects in college. I’ll try to use my own experience because I have a very busy life, and throughout the day I have a lot of things to do. I need teachers to understand that the only things we have to do as young adults are not only going to college and doing college-related work, even though It is also important. Personally, I struggle a lot to have everything done because I work, I like going to the gym, and those two things already take my whole day. so, it’s hard for me to receive homework or whatever, and have it done by the next two days when my only “free” day is Sunday.

#93216

Ambrielle

The topic I would like to write about is the ability to file your service animal and emotional support pet on your taxes. I am all for filing your pets on your taxes, if we could file other people why not pets, we as owners are also putting back into the community when caring for these animals. Others will argue that “we didn’t tell you to buy the animal” the same way I can argue I didn’t tell you to have a kid. I argue this especially because of the inflation we are going through today, so much money is spent on taking care of pets.

#93217

Jasmine Friday

The topic I am interested in talking about is global warming, the reason that this topic caught my attention is because it has a huge impact on our environment, and the whole of society in general. I believe it is important to be aware of global warming due to the fact that it can determine our way of living and can even change our mood to either being depressed, happy, or afraid. Overall, I believe it is important to talk about global warming due to the fact that it is a huge issue within our society and can cause major issues with our living conditions. By bringing awareness towards this issue, we can come together as a society and find ways to overcome these barriers of global warming.

#93218

Jaden

I’m choosing to write about the corruption that occurs in sports financially and physically, and how it impacts everyone from the fans to the owners. I believe corruption is at an all time high currently because it’s happening more frequently, and it’s ruining sports.

#93219

Jasmine Friday

#93242

Anecia

The topic that I chose to write about is the lack of food (healthy) options at city tech. The reason why I chose this topic was because of my personal experience. Im usually in school for at least 4-6 hours a day, with my classes being so close to one another in terms of time I have no time to leave and grab food. Therefore I am limited to buying something from the vending machines. Our vending machines offer a lot of sweets and drinks that are very high in calories.

#93243

Tanaiya

One topic I am interested in writing about for my essay is rat poison, which is becoming a recurring problem for large dog owners in my community. The use of rat poison is to eliminate one problem but it’s  just causing another, which is dogs  suffering from health issues  and/or dying because of ingesting it in areas meant for them to play.

#93245

Brianna Brand

The topic /topics I’d like to discuss are the limited spaces at Citytech for example I hate it when I’m leaving one class and I have about a 2-3 hour gap to wait for the next class. With that gap I like to hang out in the cafeteria near the Pearl building or in the library to eat and do my work to kill time, however, both locations are always packed to compact full of students. The seats are always taken, and the charging stations are taken as well, students have nowhere to go. This is important to me because I’m sure that I’m not the only student who feels he someway.

-Brianna Brand

#93248

chipun kam

The topic I would like to write about is the gun control. The recurrent incidence of school shootings in the United States contrasts starkly with occurrences in other nations. This issue prompts discussions on gun control policies, emphasizing the need for stricter regulations to mitigate such tragedies. Unlike many other countries, the US grapples with the challenge of addressing and preventing school shootings, prompting urgent calls for action.

#93250

Maria Rahman

Child marriage is the subject I will be talking about.Although it might be more common in some areas, child marriage is still a social problem.Child marriage is unethical and needs to be prohibited at all costs. Enforcing stringent laws and raising public awareness of the risks associated with child marriage can have a significant influence.

#93254

ROBERT.TEXIDOR

I will write about getting rid of the Electoral College.  I don’t think it fair to hold the American people hostage to such an archaic way of voting and I believe it gives too much power to the minority in America. For these reasons I want America to move on to a different voting system.

#93256

Eshal

My topic of interest is that nurses honestly deserve more respect than they receive. From personal experiences I have realized just how much nurses care for us and take care of us compared to doctors. While the doctors do help us get better and give us the medical information we need for our condition, nurses are the ones who make the situation that we’re in better and bring back smiles to our faces. I believe respect shouldn’t depend on the type of “title” one has but the amount of kindness and hard work they radiate.

#93268

Ayman

My topic of interest is about how social media’s impact on society matters because it’s changed how we talk, connect, and see things. It’s like a big part of how we live now, affecting how we make friends, share stuff, and even think about stuff. Exploring this can help us get why social media is such a big deal and figure out how we want to deal with it in our lives.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘’ is closed to new replies.