ENG1101-D401 English Comp, FA2023

• one sentence and one paragraph that you enjoyed from the Bad Bunny profile
  • #88052

Alexia

Paragraph:

Benito says he began to reconginze Puerto Rico as a colony only three years ago, when he began touring and was forced to regard his homeland through the eyes of others. “Latin America especially sees. us like. this: Oh, you’re the children,  you’re not even in charge of yourselves, you’re some bootlickers.” So he began to ask himself the inevitable questions: “Why the hell are we where we are? Why aren’t we in a better situation? Why do we depend on those people?”  Benito’s political awakening has unfolded publicly, and this is the part of its power as a model. Many artist are so afraid to face criticism from. fans- or censure from. the Puerto Rican government, as Residente did as a younger artist that they never. take the risk of a clear position. Bad Bunny has blundered, but he has also participated sinceraly in contemporary debates and protest movements.

Sentence:

Benito is alive to this history: “they’ve always scapegoated young people, like diablo, kids these days, but these are the same young people that have this incredible hunger. We’re the future.”

#88153

Samanta lopez gil

Option 1: During the epidemic of feminicides that Latin America was experiencing Bad Bunny released the song “Solo de Mi,” highlighting a line in the lyrics of the song, the artist mentions, ” I am not yours, I am not body’s, I belong only to myself, ” thus expressing unconformity to violent acts that were occurring against women. Throughout the video clip of the song, a woman is in front of the microphone with tears in her eyes. This woman receives blows that reflect the abuse. considering the song’s powerful messages, which mention one of the main problems women in Latin American countries face, it received quite positive reviews from the general public.

Option 2: In the song “Solo de mi”, by the artist Bad Bunny, when I watched the video clip, my first thought was about all the women who suffer this kind of gender violence. Their suffering, anguish, and even their fear made me reflect on the importance of giving these women a voice that can show the world what happens in many homes in Latin American countries. This violence affects women’s mental, physical, and sexual health, causing depression and suicide. I must admit that the first time I heard the song, I did not realize what the meaning of its message was, but once I saw the video clip with the lyrics, it was clearly a form of protest against the facts of the femicides.

Option 3: Bad Bunny, a Puerto Rican singer with the global fame, released a song called ” Solo de MI.” A song that expresses its disagreement against the mistreatment of women, this singer of the reggaeton genre is characterized by singing songs with sexually explicit lyrics. However, this specific song’s lyrics are not about sex or drugs; it is a song that talks about self-love. Moreover, the damage that generates relationship of abuse. This song wants to stop this abuse when it says.” Do not tell me baby again, I am not yours anymore,” encouraging victims to report the aggressor and take control of their lives.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)