ENG1101-D401 English Comp, FA2023

Considering this my first semester in college I think that it did not take me exceedingly long to transition into a freer space. What I mean by this is that almost nobody else is responsible for me- and the work I need to get down- and it leaves me to make a lot of decisions on what to do and how to do it, which I think has been going great so far. In all my classes so far, all my teachers have been extremely understanding of circumstances as well as flexible and because of this my grades have not slipped up because of deadlines. Tests on the other hand are a mixture for me because I can easily have anywhere from 2 days to a week of notice and have time to study but for me it feels like it just gives me time to over complicate subjects especially in my pre-Calc class. Finally, with the workload getting heavier it is becoming increasingly easier to socialize with people in all my classes- there is no longer that awkward feeling between classmates. As I notice that things will get colder and the chance that storms and snows will occur, I have become aware that during those days I will not even attempt making it to class unless it’s something important because the trains during those times will be the worst and the fullest trains of my life as well as the biggest headache of my life. Finally, I have not had any trouble with my responsibilities of being an older brother, the days I have school in the afternoons are days I am responsible for watching my brother I have never had an issue because of a conflicting schedule.