ENG 1101ML-D105 SP 2024

active 1 day, 7 hours ago
ENG 1101ML-D105 SP 2024
English
29742
Spring 2024

This is a course in effective essay writing and basic research techniques including use of the library. Readings are assigned for classroom discussion and as a basis for essay writing. Simultaneously, we will focus on language enhancement. This co-requisite focuses on reading comprehension; critical thinking; the structured writing process; rhetorical awareness, writing in diverse genres, grammar, mechanics and cross-cultural rhetoric and communication; listening and spoken communicative competence.

Acknowledgements

This course was created by: Joshua Belknap

View the course(s) that this course is based on.

4/15/24: Homework: McMillan's "What is the Rhetorical Situation and Why Should I Care?"

On the Perusall class site, read the first 10 pages of the Laurie McMillan essay (“What is the R […] See More4/15/24: Homework: McMillan's "What is the Rhetorical Situation and Why Should I Care?"

4/15/24: Unit 3 (Writing in a New Genre) Ideas: Audience, Language, Goals of Communication

An important aspect of Part of the final Unit 3 research project is thinking about audience, and […] See More4/15/24: Unit 3 (Writing in a New Genre) Ideas: Audience, Language, Goals of Communication

Comment on "4/3/24: Reflection on work so far"

At first I thought that the work would be more difficult but with the explanations that […] See MoreComment on "4/3/24: Reflection on work so far"

Comment on "4/1/24: Too Young for Social Media?"

Do you use social media?Yes, I use social mediaIf so, what apps do you […] See MoreComment on "4/1/24: Too Young for Social Media?"

Sorry, there were no discussion topics found.