Negotiating Networks and Dealing with Data: Composing our Digital Selves in an Online World

active 1 year, 4 months ago
This Course Profile is PRIVATE, but the Course Site is OPEN to all visitors.
English
1101
Spring 2014

This semester we will explore how/why personal identity, relationships, authenticity, privacy, and communication/composing change in “digital” spaces. We will think through our digital selves (how and why we perform certain types of identities in certain environments) as well as how we make connections, live, study, relate, communicate, and work in networked online environments. Since this is a composition course, we will never leave writing out of the picture: all class meetings will be devoted in part to writing, revising, and/or discussing ideas and drafts. The last segment of the course is devoted primarily to improving writing and working through students’ own research projects.

ENG 1101 (English Composition I) is: “A course in effective essay writing and basic research techniques, including use of the library. College-level readings are assigned for classroom discussion and essay writing.”

Wrapping up the Semester

Can you believe it?? This coming week is the final week of class! Below is everything you need to […] See MoreWrapping up the Semester

Reminder: Research Projects due tomorrow

Just a friendly reminder that all parts of your research project are due tomorrow, Tu 5/13, and […] See MoreReminder: Research Projects due tomorrow

Student Drop-In Help at the Library

Please take note of this wonderful opportunity to get additional help on your research project […] See MoreStudent Drop-In Help at the Library

One thing I want to reply to is that weight loss program fast is possible by the suitable diet and […] See More

It is appropriate time to make a few plans for the longer term and it is time to be happy. I have […] See More

It’s not that I want to copy your web-site, but I really like the design. Could you tell me w […] See More