COMD1127 Type and Media

active 2 hours, 49 minutes ago
COMD1127 Type and Media
Communication Design
COMD 1127

Foundation course in typography with emphasis on using type for a multiple of industry related applications ranging from print to interactive. Students are introduced to principles of type design and terminology including: variations of type structure, anatomy, font usage, grid, leading, kerning, tracking and alignment.

(The avatar is reminiscent of the work of the conceptual artist Barbara Kruger.)

This course may be cloned by logged-in faculty.

Acknowledgements: This course is based on the following course(s):

Haydens_TypeTalk_Sahre_112222

In sahres project the work we did remind me of the Type Book project that we did in class cause […] See MoreHaydens_TypeTalk_Sahre_112222

De_Los_Santos_TypeTalk_Sahre_112222

What in Sahre's project seems similar to what we've done in class that reminds me of the general […] See MoreDe_Los_Santos_TypeTalk_Sahre_112222

huang_TypeTalk_Sahre_112222

I-the design of the text II-the alignment of the textThe project is very unique since it uses a […] See Morehuang_TypeTalk_Sahre_112222

I applaud your choice, Brandon. David Carson deconstructed traditional typography (even though […] See More

This is a good description of this posterÔÇöespecially as it perfectly shows the way the sans a […] See More

Good, Sam. See More