American Government, Alexander Sections

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Does Biden still stand a chance of beating Trump?

Biden’s performance in the Thursday night debate, June 27, was sad.  From the moment he started speaking, he looked and sounded geriatric.  Many times in the course of the evening, when he wasn’t speaking, he looked disoriented.  Especially in the first segment, his mouth was open a lot in a way that looked very awkward (and I’m sure somebody advised him to close his mouth during the intermission).  Now, you wouldn’t see much wrong if you just read the transcript of what they said, because his words themselves were good, but the delivery was bad–seriously bad.

I should hasten to add that Trump evaded nearly every question and made a ton of false claims.  When asked how he justified his actions on January 6, 2021, he responded with a list of economic indicators that were favorable to him on January 6, which of course was not the question.  But I don’t think Trump lost any supporters that night, because nothing that he did told viewers anything they didn’t already know.  Biden, on the other hand, came off looking worse than he’s ever looked before–bearing in mind that he did just fine in the State of the Union address earlier this year.

With the New York Times (a solidly Democratic, anti-Trump paper) running an editorial the next day saying that Biden should step aside for the good of his country, so that a stronger Democratic candidate can run in his place, I ask you all, if you feel like responding:  Do you think Biden still has a chance of beating Trump in this election?  (Feel free, if you so desire, to also add whether you think Kamala Harris could beat Trump if somehow she were to become the nominee.)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.