American Government, Alexander Sections

active 2 days, 12 hours ago
American Government, Alexander Sections
Social Science
GOV 1101
Winter 2022

This is the introductory course in American Government, with the main focus on the national level but some attention to state and local levels as well. This OpenLab site contains course materials as well as links to news sites and a discussion board to exchange ideas. Please keep disagreements friendly, and please keep in mind that our main purpose is more to analyze than to react and fume.

When the course is over, as long as you still have an OpenLab account at City Tech, you are invited to continue posting on this discussion board.

To access course materials, click “Visit Course Site” at the right of this page.

January 6 Anniversary: Biden and Trump on This Occasion

On the first anniversary of the violent insurrection at the Capitol building that grew out of […] See MoreJanuary 6 Anniversary: Biden and Trump on This Occasion

Looking Ahead to This Year's Congressional Elections

As we're aware, the Democrats currently have a slim majority in the House of Representatives and a […] See MoreLooking Ahead to This Year's Congressional Elections

Update: Federal Vaccine Mandate for Workers Is Back On

Some weeks ago in my fall semester American Government classes, we took a close look at this […] See MoreUpdate: Federal Vaccine Mandate for Workers Is Back On

I believe the occurrence of the January 6 riot is one that will be set in stone for decades to […] See More

The events that transpired on January 6th surprised me. How is it that with all of the security […] See More

It's been a while since I saw one of these, so I shall weigh in. Normally I would post a remark […] See More

Biden’s Low Approval Rating

The Presidents approval rating could be so low because of the how social media portrays him. Misinformation isn't new for Biden, with some believing he stole the election however I have personally see video and comment toward Biden making […] See MoreBiden’s Low Approval Rating

Biden’s address to Congress

Any thoughts on what Biden had to say? Any thoughts on the Republican response from Senator Tim Scott? Biden's speech (video): […] See MoreBiden’s address to Congress

Unofficial Election 2020 Discussion Board

Well, the easy part is that the Democrats look securely positioned to keep the majority in the House, though the House is also going to be blessed with the presence of a QAnon disciple from Georgia next term. The Senate, at this point […] See MoreUnofficial Election 2020 Discussion Board