2017 Fall – MAT 2071 Proofs and Logic – Reitz

active 1 day, 23 hours ago
Mathematics
MAT 2071

This course is designed to prepare students for an advanced mathematics curriculum by providing a transition from Calculus to abstract mathematics. The course focuses on the processes of mathematical reasoning, argument, and discovery. Topics include propositional and first order logic, learning proofs through puzzles and games, axiomatic approach to group theory, number theory, and set theory, abstract properties of relations and functions, elementary graph theory, sets of different cardinalities, and the construction and properties of real numbers.

Avatar and Header images created with Hipster Logo Generator http://www.hipsterlogogenerator.com/

Exam #3 grades are posted

Hi everyone, The grades for Exam #3 are posted on the "Grades" page - the exams will be […] See MoreExam #3 grades are posted

Semester Project - Group Presentations: Description and Grading Criteria

The last significant group assignment for your semester project is a group presentation (there […] See MoreSemester Project - Group Presentations: Description and Grading Criteria

Week 12 Assignments

Written work, due Tuesday, November 28th, in class: Section 11.0 p178: […] See MoreWeek 12 Assignments

I agree the concept of math that you learn from these videos. I also believe that there are more […] See More

Miralia - I love the question you ask at the end of Part 2. Math and science can be very […] See More

I love the idea of introducing concepts through games - they are great motivators! See More

Sorry, there were no discussion topics found.