It’s Wine O Clock In Shinn Estate

Welcome to Shinn Estate!

My journey in Shinn Estate Vineyard located in Norfolk, New York was phenomenal. It is a family owned vineyard and farmhouse.When arriving to the vineyard we were welcomed by a group of ladies who were very attentive and very eager to give my family and I a tour around. They started of by allowing us to get familiar with the vineyard and the different section of where things are grown and what occurs as time goes by. 

The Shinn Estate was found in 2000 by Barbara Shinn and David Page where they planted their first vines. They began to see results in 2002 after their hard work of creating a enviroment that was going to help the vines become strong enough to bring the wine. They accomplished seeing the first wines in this year. During 2015 they partnered with Legends which made “one wines” in the World Trade Center which are served in the seating area outside as the sun hits on you on a beautiful weather.

We had the opportunity to have a tasting. We tried sparkling, reisling,coalescince,chardonnay and etc.

During our tour around the vineyard we were indicated by eight marker points in which different things occur. In the first marker point we were shown how the workers in Shinn Estate farmed organically and biodynamic in the vegetable garden and how the honeybees create their little houses because of the attraction upon the flowers and vegetables that are blooming throughout the seasons. The second marker showed how the vines grew on their dependance upon the sunlight. This process is called photosynthesis where sunlight falls on the leafs and allows energy to land upon the vines. The third marker separated all vineyards right in the middle allowing us to be able to see how they were all divided and grown apart. Throughout marker four to eight we get more into the details of how the soils produces the wines and how they are nurtured to give people a decent wine to drink. They mostly blend sauvignon blanc and semillon.

The famous “one” wine.

The barrels that are used to vary the color, flavor tannin that gives the wine texture.

I would recommend this vineyard to anyone who would love to learn more about wine. Especially those perhaps trying to become a sommelier some day you receive great information on how the processing of wine is being done.They give you a great insight on everything about it. I had such a great time and would love to go back, we had such wonderful weather on the day of our trip which made everything so much better to be able to explore. It is a good escape from the stressful life of the city into the tranquility of the vineyards. Hope you guys enjoyed my trip to Shinn Estate and hopes this helps you see the great things you can learn about wine.

The vineyard division

Stainless steel tanks

2 thoughts on “It’s Wine O Clock In Shinn Estate

1. Super creative title! It gave me a good laugh. I like that you described each point in full details. It was eye-opening to realize that agricultural procedures such as biodynamic and organic are taken seriously by wine makers not only for their wine but for the environment including the plants and bees. Your post is short but is condensed with a lot of history and details. Also, you are very photogenic!