History of mary prince (pg. 41 to end)

Louis’s experience was somewhat different from Mary’s in the sense that he wasn’t born into slavery; he actually knew what freedom was like before he became a slave, they were similar because they both ended up in England despite having different sentiments about being there. The two main points that stood out to me the most from the reading was when Louis explained the great lengths at which the  “Adinyés”  people went to capture them even though they were all one people which is what I think broke the trust between them, and contributed greatly to the fear Louis felt about going back to his to his homeland.

another moment that stood out to me was, when louis was explaining how happy he was to be in england, as he was able to have a peice of mind and not be worried about people chasing after him and got introduced to god, but he also had hope for his own people to someday experience the same kind of comfort as he has experienced in England; this to me showed that he still had a sense of nationalism and even though he was living in england and had some type of comfort, he still didn’t think of it as his “home”.