BREATH, EYES, MEMORY 5-8

One moment that I felt connected to the story was when Sophie’s mother said “You are going to work hard here. You have a chance to become the kind of person you wanted to be. If you make something of yourself in life, we will all succeed.” This is the same thing my parents have always told me, that in life I have to work hard in order to succeed in whatever I want to be. At 22 years old, I already have 3 IT certifications, one part-time job in a high school, one more semester to finish my bachelor’s degree, one little black cars taxi business and hopefully I and my brothers succeed in our new import company. I am very happy to have listened to my parents because I made them proud of me, especially because I am going to the first one in my family to graduate in the USA. I can also help them economically, especially my mother because she doesn’t work due to her sickness so I and my brothers pay for all her expenses because she was always there for us when we were little kids and we needed her.