Chapters 8-12 of Part II

When reading this section of the novel Tituba was bought by Jewish mister by the name of Benjamin Cohen. After Benjamin lost his wife he was in need of someone to take care of him and his children. Benjamin was in so much pain because of loosing his wife that Tituba asked him to if he wanted to speak to his wife that passed away. This stuck out to me because even though witch craft was considered an evil thing to the people during that time Tituba didn’t really care. She wanted to work her power to help comfort the sadness of Benjamin. I believe that she was open about helping him communicate with the dead because him being a Jew in a Christian society he was also kind of shunned down on. People looked at Jews as different because they didn’t follow the same culture as everyone else that is probably why Tituba was so open about her power to bring back Abigail to speak to Benjamin. I also don’t understand how Tituba says that why does why does any relationship with the slightest affection between man and woman have to end up in bed. But she’s sleeping with Benjamin and is okay with doing such even when she knows that he is still sad because of his wife’s death.