Chapters 10- 1 of Part II By Jayme Monge

A significant moment that stood up to me was located on page 72 in the second paragraph. It demonstrates on how slaves who knew or were capable of curing any disease. They were known as unholy beings or witches as they call it when slavery existed at the Carribean. Knowing that slaves who were called witches would be brutally punished they were often accussed of the death of others. In chapter 10 the significant moment that stood up to me was when Tituba, was being accussed for putting a spell on Samuel Parris’s children. Knowing that Samuels children were severly ill the only person that knew how to cure a being was Tituba. So he had no choice to blame her becuase she was capable of inflicting such pain.Tituba is now afraid that she will end up getting lynched like the previous old lady who was accussed of being a witch. Tituba is now hoping that it is just a common sickness when Dr. Griggs examines her. It’s not Tituba’s fault because all she has been doing is protecting them from evil demons that will harm them. Apparently Samuel Parris finds a way to punish Tituba all she wanted to do was to protect and expose her children to the real world. Also give them a little taste of her cultural heritage. In my perspective one being should’nt be accussed of being a witch just by having access to knowledge of the outside world.