History of mary prince (pg.20-41)

after reading this portion of the book, the importance of it being told in the first person point of view became even more clear to me because to be honest as soon as it switched to the editors perspective the whole story became somewhat less interesting for me, but nonetheless he have some very interesting points and was very articulate in how he explained the situation, and i do know that this added greatly to Mary’s cause. Two moments that stood out to me, which i think helped his ,as well as, Mary’s point on how callous and indifferent the masters felt towards their slaves were; when Mr woods wouldn’t grant Mary her freedom and allow her the chance to be with her husband, even after being offered to be paid her full price for her; just because he feared she would “insult” him if he was to to come in encounter with her. another instance of this was when him and his wife came across an “accomplished English lady” ,slave owner, in south Africa who told his wife; to “never be kind or speak kindly” to slaves as only “harshness and hauteur” will work; this is similar to the way how us humans sometime  treat, or think of animals or something we feel is incapable of having emotions.