Ethical Design Guidelines: Entry 1

1A) Designers have multiple choices to ensure ethical practices when it comes to finding images. They can opt for creating their own content, acquiring licensed stock images, or following permissions and copyright laws. It is highly recommended for designers to prioritize the use of unique images, such as custom illustrations, photographs, or project-specific graphics. This approach not only prevents copyright violations but also enhances the project’s distinct visual identity. In cases where creating original images is not feasible, designers can utilize licensed stock images from trustworthy platforms while respecting the associated licensing terms and conditions. Proper attribution should be given if required. Designers should also possess a good understanding of copyright laws, acquire necessary permissions, comprehend usage terms, and appropriately credit the original creators. Fair use principles should be taken into account when relevant.

In regards with my internship, my supervisor does provide a few images to use and those images are the logo of the company. Therefore, I am responsible to find images that I can use when I create social media campaigns for the company. For example, I use copyright free images from reputable sources such as Unsplash, Pixabay, Pexels, etc.

1B) Due to the non-profit nature of the organization, my internship did not entail the signing of a confidentiality or non-disclosure agreement. Instead, I was solely required to submit a basic contact information form as part of the internship requirements.

References:

• “Non Disclosure Agreement.” Scribd, www.scribd.com/document/91894008/Non-Disclosure-Agreement. Accessed 26 June 2023.
  • Richard, Grefe. “A Client’s Guide to Design: How to Get the Most Out of the Process” AIGA. PDF. New York City, 2001
  • Richard, Grefe. “Use of Photography” AIGA. PDF. New York City, 2001