My name is Fan Alix Joseph, I am a 25 year old aspiring journalist who attends New York City College of Technology. With my specialization in Marketing Management and Professional and Technical Writing, I plan to combine my knowledge of writing and marketing to embark in a career in the world of journalism. To date I have written for a few accredited websites and created my own blog, but after Graduation I plan on devoting all of my time tackling my aspiration in the world of hip hop journalism.

As a child my father instilled a hard work ethic in me and challenged me when it came to my schoolwork. I could remember long nights writing current events and essays with him chastising me, all in efforts to impress my professors with my work. As the years have passed I felt like my father planted the seeds within me I needed in order to be a great writer and this was where my passion for writing began. Not only did he plant the seed in me to become a writer he also exposed me to a wide array of music ranging from Jazz to Rock, which is where I developed a love for all genres of music.

Besides my love for music and writing I have an extreme passion to become the best in whatever I do. During my years attending the New York City College of Technology I have networked with fellow classmates and started my own blog and YouTube channel which has amassed over 600,000 views on the internet and built a large internet following on social media platforms such as Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. Along with those social feats I have also maintained a 3.0 GPA and contributed pieces to the school newspaper.

With a ton of goals still ahead for me to accomplish, this portfolio is just a small piece of what’s to come in the future. I plan on becoming one of the best journalist in the field of hip hop music, contributing pieces that not only help keep our culture in the forefront but pieces that also help the culture advance from where it currently is today. My father always told me “ there are no shortcuts in life” and I’ve kept that in the back of my mind since childhood, and I don’t plan on taking any shortcuts becoming the best journalist the culture of hip hop has ever seen.