Project I Group A

Members: David, Olivia, Enson, Nicole, Gustavo.

Grading Criteria

1. Pre-Production: Your Participation on Open Lab
2. Lighting: Rembrandt
3. Lighting: Split
4. Lighting: Butterfly in b/w & color
5. Contra Zoom (“Vertigo shot”)

6. Design Principles, 2 elements from unity, balance,
visual tension, rhythm, proportion, contrast, texture, and directionality)

7. Overlap, 2 examples e.g., overlap, size change, linear
perspective, and foreshortening
8. Your Production Participation/Attitude
9. Your Contribution to crew
10. Your Individual Achievements

Group A should exchange ideas at this thread.

7 thoughts on “Project I Group A”

1. Two places I think would be cool to shoot in would be the library in Namm and the catwalk in the theater. Not sure if we can go all the way down to Namm but a shot looking straight down the center of one of the sections of books could work for rhythm. We could also do a vertigo shot there, or something for overlap. The catwalk would be good for the same shots since it’s a long hallway sort of. The catwalk might also give us some butterfly light? And also the ghost light in the theater would be cool to use for split lighting.

I think I’m gonna draw out some story boards for us to go by because it’s hard to put what I have in my head into words.

1. Thanks for the ideas. However, to film in the library, we need to get the permission in advance for safety and privacy reasons. We have done it before. The catwalk at the theatre also sounds creative, but it is too dangerous though in Tech Production, we go up there all the time. When we created a dept. promo video some years ago, I had to be the one to go up there with a camera, not students. OK. There are some other good spots on campus. Let’s stay at Voorhees. It is tough to be in two different buildings when we are only one faculty and staff each to supervise. The lighting scenes should in our classroom as we have the portable lights to set up with C-stands, not the lights on the grid of the theatre.

2. TEAM A: David, Olivia, Nicole, Ensen, & Gustavo 

Lighting: Rembrandt- Sitting at a table with low light ( deep in thought

Lighting: Split – Someone scared ( hiding in a closet

Lighting: Butterfly in B/W & Color –  high or low angle against a brick wall 

Contra Zoom (“Vertigo Shot”) – In front of the school while someone stands across the street with the camera 

Design Principles: Rhythm & Texture: we will take photos in the theaters that align with the principles we have chosen.  

Overlap Shot- Through a door/window ( dirty shot

1. I like the ideas. For the 2 Design Principles, I think the seats in the theater would be a good representation of rhythm. However, I am unsure how we would get the texture design principle in the theater. We may have to end up shooting the texture design principle outside. An example would be like a leaf or tree or animal,etc..