Modernist Poetry Assignment Due 4/17 and Course Update

Everyone,

We are nearing the finish line. I know some folks need to catch up with the course, so I am offering an overview here of what is going on, with everything in ONE PLACE. Remember to check out the updated SYLLABUS and FINAL PROJECT ASSIGNMENT. NOTE: This Thursday from 11:30am-12:30pm I will be hosting Zoom office hours for anyone who wants to chat. I will send the link later in the week! 🙂

Our last two assignments were on “A New England Nun” and Modernist poetry. I hope you were able to watch the lesson videos (see links). Before we move on to the next unit, make sure you did one post for each of those two. I am pasting the last previous assignment below so it is clear. You can respond to this post here for your modernist poetry post.

1. Post your own poem, influenced by either Imagist poem “In A Station of the Metro” or “The Great Figure.” Write your brief poem about something you see. Try to paint a strong picture for the reader.
  1. Choose a few lines from “Prufrock” that you appreciate. Write them out/ copy and paste them on OpenLab and tell us why you like these lines, what you think they mean, how they might apply to us today.
  1. Respond to one of your classmates’ posts.