Finishing the Course

Hi Everyone,

It was lovely to see and speak with those of you who were able to join the Zoom meeting yesterday. For anyone who wasn’t able to join, I’m including a bit of a digest here of what we went over.

General College Announcements

1. The Petrie Fund at City Tech can help students in need. Here is the application and more info.

2.  All students this semester will have the option to take courses Credit/ Non-Credit, instead of having a letter grade on your transcript. You will be able to see your grades in CUNYFirst, and then decide the best course of action (maybe you want to turn a C into Credit, maybe you don’t want an F on your transcript and you’d prefer No Credit/ erasure of the course). Here is more info.

Course Announcements

1. First, we’re currently finishing our final reading, Baldwin’s “Letter to My Nephew.” The text is linked in the course syllabus at the top of our page. Here is the the last assignment with questions.   The goal is to post answers to a couple of the questions, by May 5. Also check out the resources I shared!

2. After you finish your posts (it’s ok to post late, by the way, if you need to catch up with the modernist poetry), you’ll want to begin the FINAL PROJECT. Be sure to read through the directions and let me know if you have any questions.

By way of beginning your Final Reflection, I suggest looking at the revised syllabus to see the list of texts we ultimately read, and then choosing 3 or 4 that you found compelling, that you will write about. When you reference texts in your Final, refer to the author, title, and year of publication. Make some preliminary/ loose notes for yourself. Why were these texts interesting to you? What were the spaces to which we were introduced? What were the main ideas in these texts? What did you learn from them? **Note that two texts should be from post-midterm: Chin / Wilkins Freeman/ Williams / Pound /Eliot / Baldwin.

You’ll see complete directions in the assignment page at the top of our course site. A way to think about each paragraph: you want to say one thing you learned from a class text/ from our class, and discuss a text or specific info to back up your claim.

If you are confused about anything, do not suffer in silence, just speak with me. I know this is a difficult time and I’m here to work WITH you. I AM HERE for a phone conversation, Zoom meeting, sky writing, etc.

CH