Class Updates and Revised Assignment Dates

1. According to the syllabus, the final research project is due on Tuesday, May 14. I am changing this to an extra credit due date. If you turn it in on that day, you can earn up to 10 bonus points for a total of 110 possible points. If you turn it in by the last day of class, you can earn up to 100 points. This rewards those students who are ready to submit their work while giving other students a little breathing room to submit their best possible work. I don’t want folks to rush their project to get the extra credit as turning it early for the extra credit might not give you as high a grade as having taken extra time to complete the project. The goal is to have a strong final project.
  2. On Thursday, May 2, I will talk about the final presentations and give you a demonstration of a model that I created based on the sample essay that I wrote for you. The final presentations remain scheduled on Tuesday, May 14 and Thursday, May 16. I will assign the order of presentations using random.org.
  3. The last two readings on the syllabus are now extra credit questions on the final exam. I will cover these in my final exam review on Thursday, May 9.
  4. The final exam will now be a take home exam. I will supply you with a question sheet and blue books to hand write your responses into. These will be given out on Thursday, May 16. Return them to me on the last day of class on Tuesday, May 21. If you are absent on the 16th, you may take the exam in class on May 21.
  5. All work in the class must be completed by the end of class on Tuesday, May 21.