Past Education/Employment

May 2024

The New York City College of Technology, AAS in Dental Hygiene

Prior Education and Employment

For as long as I can remember, singing & musical theater have been what I wanted to do most in life, driving me to pursue this through my studies at The American Musical & Dramatic Academy. While auditioning and making my way in New York City, I became enthralled in the world of hospitality I have worked at college sports bars, scenic rooftop cocktail bars, nightclubs and high end steakhouses. Over time, this has sharpened my passion for providing amazing service and working with people from all walks of life. The skills and work ethic I have gained from working in the service industry for over 12 years greatly impacts how I practice as a clinician:

• My expertise in delivering exceptional service and offering guidance on food and beverage selections directly translates to my ability to assist patients in understanding and making informed decisions about dental procedures. By leveraging my communication skills and attention to detail, I strive to create a comfortable and supportive environment where patients feel empowered and well-cared for throughout their dental journey.
  • My background in prioritizing and efficiently completing tasks has prepared me to maintain focus and deliver the highest standard of care even under pressure. This enables me to effectively manage challenging situations while ensuring that patient needs are met promptly and with excellence.

• My proficiency in building strong relationships with customers through exceptional communication skills translates to my ability to foster a welcoming and safe environment for my dental patients. By establishing a connection based on trust and comfort, I ensure that patients feel valued and cared for, leading to a high re-visitation rate and continued engagement with their dental care

• My adeptness in swiftly and efficiently solving problems directly translates to my ability to handle situations and emergencies that may arise in the dental office, ensuring prompt and effective resolution while maintaining patient safety and well-being
  • My skill in meticulously maintaining a clean and organized workstation mirrors the attention to detail required in a dental setting

It also gave me the foundation that has allowed me to continue my passion for performing, as the lead singer in one of Hank Lane Entertainments’ premiere private event bands. The skills I have gained from performing for high profile clients for 8 years can be used in my practice as follows:

• My proficiency in memorizing and mastering an extensive musical repertoire, always performance-ready on demand, reflects traits vital for success in dentistry, including precision, adaptability, reliability, discipline, time management, and collaboration
  • Performing impromptu requires remaining calm and composed, even in high-pressure situations. This ability is invaluable in dentistry, where maintaining a calm demeanor reassures patients and enables you to handle challenging cases with confidence and professionalism
  • In my role within the band, collaborating as a team to create an enjoyable experience for our clients has honed skills that directly align with those required in my work as a dental hygienist, emphasizing patient-centered care, effective communication, attention to detail, adaptability, flexibility, and teamwork