Today is my first day working at Brooklyn college. I have a zoom meeting with Lisa, my boss. She said there’s a few things she wanted to go over with me before I get fully started and it’s alright with me. I’m a little scared. I hope what she has to go over isn’t going to be a lot. I mean it can’t be right ? It’s only the first day, but then again what can I expect? It’s a job. I woke up a little late but made it in time to be on zoom with a button up shirt and basketball shorts. How neat. Lisa likes to email me early so I always try to wake up at least 8 o’clock just in case she needs me that day. I really only have class on Wednesday but I told Lisa I’m available to work Monday Tuesday Thursday and Friday. I can actually work those days so it’s really up to her whatever she needs me to help her on.

Fast forward to after I met with Lisa and it went so well. She’s so nice and I even love her hair. Today she wanted to go over the brand guidelines for Brooklyn college. I know I’m lazy and usually call work a lot but this was actually a lot. The brand guidelines for Brooklyn College was at least 20 pages. She wanted me to go over the whole thing. The brand guidelines included everything literally. The guidelines explained the logo, letterheads, banners, colors, basketball team logo, official stamp seal and etc. Basically the guidelines explained everything about the logos and the placement in a very crystal clear manner so that the designer can easily follow the official Brooklyn college design without messing it up. It’s the do’s and what not to do. It took me a couple hours to review the whole guidelines, but I was able to manage. Lisa, the boss, wanted me to inform her when I’m done because she has a task for me invoking letterheads. There is a section within the Brooklyn college guidelines that explains how the Letter heads are done. Everything from the font, sizing, logo placement and colors. Upon recovering the guidelines Lisa, the boss gave me the Brooklyn college logo and fonts so that it would be easier. Thank god, because I have no idea how to make the Brooklyn college logo. I’ve taken notes within my book in case Lisa asks questions about the guidelines but I have a pretty good photographic memory so I hope I do good. She’s given me two days to review everything and take notes. Pray for me everyone I’ve got some Brooklyn College studying to do. I don’t want to seem like I just breezed over everything because in an actual job I have to take my time or else I’ll slip up and be fired. Lisa seems like a patient person but I don’t want to get on her bad side and test my luck