topic: transformations(translation , rotation , reflection)
1.students will be able to distinguish 3 different types of transformations.
2. students will be able to discover the common properties of the 3 types of
transformations: they all preserve length of segments and degrees of angles.
3. students will be able to know that only translation preserves orientation.
Verify experimentally the properties of rotations , reflections, and translations:
- Lines are taken to lines, and line segments to line segments of the same length.
- Angles are taken to angles of the same measure.
- Parallel lines are taken to parallel lines