Culmination Journal

Jan 28, 2019:  I found  my first subject for the documentary. Her name is Tatyana Price

Feb 25, 2019:  I found  my second subject for the documentary. His name is Vince Valdez.

Mar 3, 2019:  First shoot with Tatyana. We shot at Shelter studios for a couple of hours. We got good B-roll.

March 16, 2019:  First shoot with Vince. He did his first recording session and me and my project partner filmed him and the band. We also interviewed him at the end of the session.

March 17, 2019:  Today we worked with Tatyana again. She finished filming her project. We interviewed her  on location and got some outdoors shots. She’ll probably have to come back for some pickup shots and we’ll be there filming everything.

April 01, 2019:  Today we filmed Vince fixing the drums he previously recorded. We got some shots of the Vorhees building and hims discussing what he was going to work on.  I also reviewed all footage we have so far and organized it  and labeled it.

April 24, 2019:  Today we shot the recording of the rest of the instruments for Vince’s project. I also organized and labeled all footage in premiere and worked on a montage for the drum recording session as well as a montage for one of the songs the band recorded.

April 26, 2019: Today I continued editing the documentary. I worked on different sequences. I created a sequence for the drum mixing  where we interviewed Vince and got some B-Roll of him working with protools.  I kept working on the sequence I created for the drum recording session as well as the montage where the band is recording a song called Perfect   by Ed Sheeran.

April 27, 2019:  Today I color-corrected all the footage I had on the timeline.

April 29, 2019:  Today  We shoe Vince’s interview at Vorhees. We used a three point lighting. I also worked on fixing the sound on Adobe Premiere for all the footage I had so far on the timeline.  I removed as much ambience noise as I could. I applied some compression and gates to the tracks and individual audio clips. I also leveled the sound.

April 30, 2019:  Today I incorporated Vince’s interview to the documentary. I covered it with the B-Roll we had and color corrected it. I also fixed the sound.

May 1, 2019:  Today I created a master sequences in premiere where I put together all the sequences I had previously created. I kept on perfecting the documentary and rearranging some footage, as well fixing the color correction I did.

May 6, 2019:  Today we recorded some narration for the documentary at V-318. I kept on color correcting.  I also incorporated Tatyana’s interview, which she kindly filmed herself because we couldn’t interview her personally.  I fixed the sound for her interview.

May 7- 10,  2019:  I went over a list my technical advisor  sent me with the corrections I should make to the documentary and I rendered the entire project.

May 11,  2019:  Today I exported the video.

May 12,  2019: Today I had to re-export the video because it wan’t correctly exported. Then, I uploaded to youtube and emailed the link to the faculty.  I also finished my powerpoint presentation.

May 13,  2019:  Today I did my presentation which went great.

May 16,  2019:  Today was poster presentation.

Culmination Project for Spring 2019