Corrections to syllabus! & tomorrow’s class! (Tu May 9)

Hello Students!

I hope you enjoyed the lovely, “Spring-y” weekend!  As some of you noted, the syllabus states that you are required to submit a draft demand letter by email tomorrow 8am — disregard it!  We will discuss that and some other amendments to the syllabus in class tomorrow.  Your only assignment for tomorrow is to read textbook ch. 9, especially pp. 251-260, on legal writing.  If possible, please bring your copy of the excerpts from the US Supreme Court’s Dobbs decision that I distributed in our last class because we will continue discussing htat.  Here’s the full decision, just fyi — no need to print it out, it’s over 200 pages!  If you don’t have your excerpt tomorrow, that’s OK.

If you didn’t give your oral reflection on your court observation in last Thursday’s class, you are welcome to do that tomorrow or Thursday, May 11, without penalty.  If you didn’t yet post your court observation summary on OL (due tomorrow, per syllabus), you may do so by end of this Thursday, May 11 without penalty.  If you didn’t yet post your Law in Culture review due this past Thursday, May 4, you may also do that by the end of this Thursday, May 11 without penalty.

I’m sorry for confusion about the assignments!  Enjoy the rest of today, see you tomorrow morning!

KC