Law in Culture!

The source I have chosen for my Law in Culture Project is a show called How to Get Away with Murder, which is an American TV show that focuses on a group of law school students their criminal defense professor selects/a practicing attorney, who is known as Annalise Keating, for her fierce and strong black woman with tremendous power effects in the courtroom. The show deals with new cases and involves their personal issues as well. I want to focus on the cases that they deal with and how the law school students who are at the top of their class help Annalise with her subject jurisdiction in the Criminal Court. I chose this show in particular because it really portrays the background and all the analytical research, communications, assisting the attorney with witnesses, drafting statements, and many more. It’s a great example and correlation to my major being a paralegal and how the legal duties occur in a firm and in a court. I also recommend anyone to watch this show because it really is interesting. The student and professor, Annalise Keating, end up killing someone, and they try to protect each other and find an alibi to be proven innocent. In this show, not only do you have great examples of paralegal duties, but you also understand how our legal system works and state-wide jurisdiction. You see many examples of disparities in mass incarceration in the black community and how they’re treated differently. Professor Annalise takes a Death Row case as the defender and takes it to the Supreme Court of the United States. It’s on Netflix, by the way!