Updated syllabus & “Law in Culture review” assignment posted!

Hello Students!

I hope you’re enjoying this beautiful weekend, I’m sorry to interrupt, feel free to ignore this post until Monday! But if you’d like a preview of what we’ll discuss in Monday’s Intro class, check out the “Class notes & materials” tab where I’ve posted an updated version of the combined syllabus for these courses, and the “Law in Culture review” assignment that you’ll complete this semester for 5% of your Intro course grade, replacing the “Book review” assignment previously listed on the syllabus.

There are no major revisions in the updated syllabus. All the dates, course requirements, and other important information is the same. The only significant changes are these:

• My office hours have changed slightly: instead of ending 2pm on both days, now on Mondays they will end at 1:45pm, and Wednesdays they will extend to 2:15pm.
  • “Book review” assignment is replaced with “Law in Culture review” assignment that we’ll discuss Monday, now posted under “Class notes & materials” and “Assignments.”
  • “Summarizer and responder” assignment has been omitted from the list under “Homework and other assignments.” One less thing you have to do! 🙂 Does not change the grade calculation at all, it was not worth any specific percentage.
  • In the “Class Schedules” I have added a notation that classes do not meet on Friday, September 18, in observance of Rosh Hashanah. So our 1103 Civ Pro class will not meet that day. 🙁 You’re not getting an extra day off, sorry–the prior schedule did not have us meeting that day, I just neglected to note the reason why.

All other changes were superficial–typos, etc. Still, you should review it and we’ll discuss it in tomorrow’s class.

DON’T FORGET! By 10am tomorrow (Monday), please email me a question or other short response to the assigned reading, as long as you’d like, though a sentence or two is plenty. Please see the “Assignments” tab for details.

Enjoy the rest of this beautiful day, see you tomorrow (Monday) 11:30am!

Cheers,

Prof. C.