QUIZ today! NO CLASSES tomorrow & Thursday!

Dear Students,

I hope you all enjoyed your “law-class-free” day!  Most of you have completed the quiz on Blackboard—hooray!!  And most of you did well.  🙂   If you haven’t yet taken the quiz, please do!!  You have until 5:30pm to start it, after that you won’t be able to access it on Blackboard.  You’ll find it in the course titled “2021 Fall LAW 1101 & 1103 FYLC: Intro to Paralegal Studies & Civil Law & Procedure” – NOT the course titled as just LAW 1103.  The quiz is in “Content,” at the top of the list of items.  By the time you read this, I will no longer be available by phone, so if you have questions, please email me and I’ll respond as soon as I can, probably not till tomorrow.

PLEASE NOTE, there are NO CLASSES in the whole college tomorrow (Wed.) and Thursday, Sept. 15-16, in observance of the Jewish holiday Yom Kippur.  Classes resume Friday, and we’ll meet again next Tuesday, Sept. 21 in our regular classroom.  Before that class, please read C&W ch. 2 on BB & “NYS Courts: Introductory Guide” right here.  Please also check out the “Court System Materials” posted on the “Class notes & materials” page, near the bottom.  I’ll give you paper copies Tuesday!

I have posted a bunch of new information here on OpenLab!!  Under “Events & info,” there’s info about a FREE online workshop to become a licensed Notary Public (a TERRIFIC advantage for getting a paralegal job) and FREE help with writing in all courses, offered by City Tech’s Writing Center.  Under “Articles,” there’s a bunch of new articles that might interest you, about which you might want to post for extra credit, and a link to sign up for free online access to The New York Times, so you can access those articles and lots of other interesting stuff!.

Enjoy the rest of the day, week, and weekend, I look forward to seeing you Tuesday!

Cheers,

Prof. C.