This course is CST 2410 Introduction to Computer Security section OL10.
I am your professor, Yu-Wen Chen, and I look forward to working with you this semester. The reading materials are available on this OpenLab site and other materials (slides, assignments, etc.) will post on Blackboard.
This course is offered in Online-Synchronous mode. We will meet on Tue., Thru. 10:00 am – 11:40 am via the Live Session via Blackboard Collaborate Ultra. Please make sure you can access the course on the blackboard and able to find the “Live Course Session” by Jan. 29. Our first session is this Tuesday, Feb. 2.
You can easily access the blackboard collaborate tool by selecting the “Join Live Sessions on Collaborate Ultra” from the left-hand sidebar, right below the “Course Content.” You will be able to join the session 15 minutes before the start time (that is, 9:45 pm). The ability for the audio is required, and the video is preferred. If you don’t have a microphone on the computer, please inform me in advance.
Below is the summary of the actions when you join the Live Course Session:
- When you join the room, we recommend you mute your audio unless you were instructed by your professor so that you do not disturb other participants.
- If you want to engage in the discussion or ask a question, “raise your hand” – click an icon at the bottom of your screen. When the instructor asks you to join the discussion, you unmute yourself by clicking on the mic icon and talking. After you are finished, mute your audio again.
- There is a purple arrow in the bottom right corner of the screen that opens the collaboration panel, where you can write messages in chat and share your computer screen if instructors assign or ask you to share. For easier class management, it is recommended that students participate in discussions by raising a hand (your requests will be queued). The instructor will call students from the queue.
- The Collaborate Ultra Help: https://help.blackboard.com/Collaborate/Ultra/Participant
- Internet and other resources Help: https://www.citytech.cuny.edu/continuity/student.aspx#tools
If you need more help or have any questions, feel free to reach me via email (YWChen@citytech.cuny.edu) with the email subject as “CST 2410 OL10”.
Stay healthy and safe! I will meet you all on Feb. 2, 2020.
— Prof. Chen