Official Course Description

This course focuses on how to design and maintain interactive and dynamic websites using HTML, Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) and client-side scripting with JavaScript. The students will also learn basic Web Page design principles. The goal is to develop effective, pleasing and useful websites. In the JavaScript part of the course, students will develop real-world projects to learn JavaScript programming, the JavaScript Object Model, JavaScript event handlers and how to integrate JavaScript programs in an HTML document. Students will apply this knowledge to create popup windows and scrolling messages as well as to validate forms and enhance the use of images and form objects. Client-side scripting technology will also be used to create cookies and shopping cart applications.

Restaurant Project

I created a deli restaurant using HTML/CSS style sheets with clickable social media links. Here are screenshots of the project.

This is the homepage of my Pit Stop Resturant

The homepage of my restaurant has the name of the restaurant, 4 web pages, the slogan of the restaurant, and an image of our restaurant logo.

My about page on the PitStop restaurant

This is the about page that describes the restaurant. From what it is about, hours of operation, and shows the location where it is down the street from R-train going towards Flatbush Ave Exterior.

This is the restaurant menu

This is my restaurant menu that showcases the type of meals my restaurant provides.

This is the contact page.

The contact page shows our social medias and if you click on them you will be directed to the social media app (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram). It also has the number to the restaurant.