Individual Strengths Statements

My ambition from since childhood has always been to become a part of the healthcare system, primarily to deliver babies. I think that once integrated into such a dynamic  community as healthcare, I can make a real positive change to peoples lives. I am a sociable person and I have the correct mental attitude, personality and social skills which are required to communicate effectively with patients of all ages and backgrounds.

I possess effective communication skills which will help me in my career. Effective communication will harness my professional relationship  with the people I will be interacting with whenever I am employed. My patients’ quality of life can also be improved through effective communication skills. I have the ability to work well under pressure. As proven by my experience in the disaster nursing exercise held at the NYSIM center at Bellevue hospital, this exercise demonstrated that I can remain calm in medical situations.

I work well with others, I  believe that being a mother has helped me develop organizational skills which , I profoundly believe is a vital part of my ability to work well as a team member. Keeping my schedule organized will allow me to effectively use my time to help my patients and also my co-workers. I am very knowledgeable with medical terminologies. I can properly administer medication prescribed by a physician. I tend to be self motivated and possess the ability to take initiative. This enables me to learn things quickly and shows a keenness to learning and improving my skills.

Although I understand that nursing can be a very demanding profession. I feel it can also be very satisfying, giving me the chance to enhance the lives of people in their time of need. After all the hard work I put into my degree course work and training, I look forward to be part of a rewarding and exciting career that will give me excellent benefits, flexible working practices and plenty of room to grow and make progress.