Learning self-analysis

Throughout this academic journey at New York City College of Technology’s Bachelor of Science in Nursing, I have learnt a great deal about being a nurse. The BS in Nursing at New York City College of Technology have helped me become a more tolerant person. Learning about cultural competency has thought me about myself and the culture of my society . The BS program has given me the opportunity to expand my knowledge in professional development with a focus on the issues in nursing. I have improved my communication skills, expanded on my knowledge in physical assessment and gained skills for good leadership and management. As today’s health care  is moving closer to focus on preventative care, I believe the knowledge acquired in the BS program  is vital.

The writing intensive courses have given me the confidence in expressing myself clearly, enabling improvement in my writing skills. Evidence based practice is extremely important in nursing  and I am now competent in locating research based studies and implementing it into current practice.Positive patient outcome is good when teamwork is effective. The program encourages working in groups, which prepares nurses to be effective as professionals within the interdisciplinary team. This program has allowed me to broaden my career opportunities and increase my confidence of acquiring my first job. All in all my journey at New York City College of Technology BS of Nursing program, have prepared me to become a competent and proficient professional nurse.