Learning Self- Analysis

After acquiring an opportunity of joining the nursing program, I was much dedicated and motivated towards gaining the professional knowledge which could enable me to extend a saving hand by helping the community members to deal with their illnesses and injuries, thereby saving their lives. Since then, I have gained many skills that have advanced my proficiency and ability to provide high-quality care services to my clients. Despite the various challenges I encountered towards completing the nursing program, I remained positive about acquiring the nursing skills and knowledge pertaining to disease processes, disease diagnosis as well as the various treatment options available for different diseases which were key to achieving a healthy society. Ideally, I am always full of joy after witnessing the recovery of my clients after successfully diagnosing them upon visiting the facility and later administering various treatment plans enabling them to rejoin their families and continue conducting their routine activities efficiently.

My clinical practice is always guided by my core values of empathy, compassion, caring besides the enhancement of the client’s autonomy. Ideally, being a nurse, I should be in a position to apply the various bioethical requirements in all my practice in an attempt to achieve better patient outcomes regardless of their socio-economic background, including their race, gender, age, sexual preference or even creed.

As a practicing nurse, my vision is to continually provide patient-centered high-quality care characterized by the utilization of evidence-based practice resulting in minimal errors and high patient satisfaction levels. As such, I seek to make every day of my nursing practice a learning day besides looking forward to the increment of individuals joining the nursing profession, which shall be vital towards the reduction of nursing shortages. As a result, I target being a professor or lecturer to be involved in the provision of training to enrollees of nursing programs besides mentoring the novice nurses. Nonetheless, I look forward to joining the other researchers to find treatment solutions to the various devastating illnesses which take away numerous lives of clients.

Acquiring the professional knowledge in nursing was my core reason of joining the nursing profession as it would enhance the understanding of the different disease processes, their diagnosis as well as treatment plans besides strategies of preventing future occurrence. To this far, I have been working towards helping the clients seeking my assistance in recovering from their current illnesses and resume their healthy life free of the disease. As a result, I have designed S.M.A.R.T short- and long-term goals for my profession. Currently, my projected goals for the next four years include focusing on my graduation with a bachelor’s degree in nursing at New York City College of Technology. Moreover, I also plan to search for a more challenging nursing position in an environment that gives pressure to empower oneself besides provide high-quality care services. Upon achieving my short-term goals, I will focus towards achieving my long-term goals, which include; enrolling in a master’s program, which will call for a dedication of two years to complete. I also seek to establish my mental health facility, which will improve my ability to provide care services to a larger population at my convenience.