Philosophy Statement

Ideally, my nursing philosophy is based on the call of upholding human dignity through the provision of efficient, timely, and high-quality healthcare services regardless of the socio-economic background of the patient, including their race, gender, age, sexual preference or even creed. As such, I strive to utilize the acquired skills towards enhancing the well-being of my patients through conducting effective diagnosis, besides prevention and treatment of the various illnesses and injuries affecting the individuals under my care. Additionally, I consider nursing as my duty, which calls for my contribution towards alleviating patient suffering through the appropriate diagnosis and implementation of evidence-based practice in the treatment plans, besides actively involving the patient and their families in their care management. As a result, one must strive to follow the various visions, nursing philosophies as well as nursing values for prosperity in care management.

The core reason why I chose nursing as a profession is that I felt that it was a calling from the Almighty God to extend a hand in providing care to His creation through the provision of efficient, timely, and high-quality care services in a caring, empathetic and compassionate manner. As a result, I desired to join a profession, which would grant me an opportunity of providing high-quality services to the sick and the suffering individuals in the society rather than just watching them helplessly without making any attempt to better their situations. Nonetheless, I required a profession that could enhance and utilize my core values of empathy, compassionate, and caring, which fell into place with the nursing profession.