1. When Baldwin says that “the world is larger” I believe he’s speaking about the educational system and the history it teaches. He’s essentially stating that there’s more information than what is taught to them by the school system.
  2. Carrillo speaks about school using ways of learning that aren’t productive and with technology becoming a way to teach children they’re not gaining actual skills to comprehend and learn themselves. That’s what I got out of the â€śgoogle knowing” phrase
  3. I believe they have very similar views; they both speak about censorship in education. Baldwins text isn’t in recent times so technology doesn’t exist so it’s less relatable to the current period.  
  4. What I wished I learned in school was history, the history of the wars and other conflicts the US is a part of. Very disturbing things once you look into the operations completed by the US during war. For example, The Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq where CIA committed a series of human rights violations and war crimes against detainees in the prison. Or the operation Northwoods which was proposed as a false flag operation against American citizens by the US department of Defense in 1962. Mainly wanted to fake an attack on American citizens and blame Cuba to justify US military intervention in Cuba.