Aural Topographies: Rhythmic Elevations

IMG_0137[1]This map represents me Brendan  who has family all over and wish they lived in one place where I can visit them instead of taking air transportation. The island in the middle is my name and everything thats across the sea is my family and friends.The reason why my name is in the middle because they come to see me.As you can see I made a map key for those who don’t understand the icons on the map.Only one place  in the map on the right top is from a famous game everyone places now. That place is a canyon in gta v that looks like a echo of different names drawn in map form.I’m really proud of my work because its base off me.

One thought on “Aural Topographies: Rhythmic Elevations

1. Chantelle

The concept of the overall piece was successful. There were a few issues with craftsmanship but they’re minor. The piece was not on 14 by 17 Bristol paper but the map had a great rhythm. At first glance it appears to be a normal map but when you explain it the map transitions into a story. He’s an island surrounded by the people who matter to him but even though he’s an island he’s still in touch with the people around him by train tracks and such. The map key and other details add to the overall message of the topography map.